The past few days and weeks have been a difficult time for everyone in our community and, indeed, across the world. As we all confront the ongoing challenges of the coronavirus outbreak, please know that our office is committed to continuing to provide you with the best service possible. We also want to ensure a safe and healthy environment for you and our employees.
We are continuously monitoring the available guidance from medical and government authorities. At this time, based on that guidance, we have decided to move to working remotely. Our office space will remain closed through April 1, at which point we will reassess the situation. If you have an appointment scheduled during this time, we will be in touch with more details.
Please be assured, however, that as we transition to working remotely, our office will continue to be operational. Our paralegals and staff have been exceptional in working with us to make this possible. Here are a few specific things to note:
· Both of us, together with our paralegals and staff, are all available to communicate with you by email and phone during regular business hours. Our office number will remain the same (i.e., 603-436-1211), and we will be checking for messages throughout the day. Our email addresses will also remain the same.
· Office conferences will be handled by telephone, including appointments with new clients.
· We will continue to work on all ongoing matters, including drafting estate planning documents.
· We are finding that many clients are reviewing their estate planning documents and “to do” lists while they are “social distancing” at home. They are also taking a closer look at the impact the SECURE Act (effective 1/1/20) will have on their current estate planning. (Note: we will be emailing you a Memorandum about the SECURE Act in the immediate future.) We are answering their questions on an ongoing basis, by phone and email.
· Of course, we are available to address any of your questions or concerns, by email or phone.
· If you would like to set up an “office conference” to take place by telephone, please email Gianna at firstname.lastname@example.org for scheduling.
· As always, if you have an emergency, we will use every reasonable effort to meet your needs.
Thank you for your support and understanding as we navigate these uncharted waters. We are fully committed to proving you with excellent legal services during this unique time, and will keep you updated as things progress at our end. We look forward to connecting with you soon.